Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Point of Post

Technology has come a long way to revolutionize the art of photography. I'm not just talking about the film to digital revolution, but also the dawn of computers. Not only does the computer completely change how you can share and get your photography out there but it also give the photography literally unlimited creativity when it comes to their art.

Post-production or post-processing is a powerful tool. With the use of Lightroom, Photoshop, Aperture or any of a host of different programs you can do almost anything from creating a completely false image to giving your image that little extra pop that it needs to go from good to great.

Click for Full Size
My Edit

Read more after the jump!




Yesterday's post highlighted a photo I took using my DIY Beauty Dish. That photo had been altered in lightroom for only about 20 minutes, but came a long way from the original. While I was doing my edits however, my girlfriend was doing hers. I want to show you all how powerful artistic vision is on the final result of a photo when using post-processing techniques.

Here are the originals and her edits.

Click for Full Size
Original SOOC

Click for Full Size
Her Edit

Click for Full Size
Original SOOC

Click for Full Size
My Edit

Click for Full Size
Her Edit

Click for Full Size
Original SOOC

Click for Full Size
My Edit

Click for Full Size
Her Edit

As you can see. Dramatic difference between editing styles can give a very surreal look vs a cool vintage look. Both from the same original.

2 comments: